How to Protest

 

 Access the eFile Portal HERE 

You will need to use a pin number to register - this is found on the top portion of the Notice you receive in the mail.

You will need to register as a NEW USER this year - we are using a new, more user-friendly, system.

 

 

calendar of events

Apr 18th -   First batch of Notices of Appraised Value mailed out from Denton CAD (111k Notices Mailed)

Apr 29th -   First batch of Oil & Gas/ Mineral Notices mailed out from Wardlaw Appraisal Group

May 7th  -   Homestead exemption increased from $25k to $40k (Property Owner Relief) 

May 10th -  Second batch of Oil & Gas/ Mineral Notices mailed out from Wardlaw Appraisal Group

May 16th -  Second batch of Notices of Appraised Value mailed out from Denton CAD (214k Notices Mailed)

May 17th -  Third batch of Oil & Gas/ Mineral Notices mailed out from Wardlaw Appraisal Group

May 18th -  30 day deadline to turn in a protest form if you received a Notice from Denton CAD dated April 18th

May 23rd -  Appraisal Review Board hearings begin

May 27th -  Third batch of Notices of Appraised Value mailed out from Denton CAD (44k Notices Mailed)

May 30th -  30 day deadline if you received a Notice from Wardlaw (Oil & Gas) dated April 29th

June 9th   - 30 day deadline if you received a Notice from Wardlaw (Oil & Gas) dated May 10th

June 15th - 30 day deadline to turn in a protest form if you received a Notice from Denton CAD dated May 16th

June 17th - 30 day deadline if you received a Notice from Wardlaw (Oil & Gas) dated May 17th

June 27th - 30 day deadline to turn in a protest form if you received a Notice from Denton CAD dated May 27th

July 15th -   Appraisal Review Board Approves the Records  (Estimated day)

July 18-22 - DCAD's software will be 'view only' (no changes can be made by staff)

July 25th -   Chief Appraiser approves (at least 95% of the total value) and sends Certified Totals to the Taxing Jurisdictions. The remaining 5% of value (and accounts) will remain "Under Protest" and will be worked in the fall as quickly as possible.

 

The top date on your Notice is the mailing date.

The bottom date on your Notice is your deadline date to file a Notice of Protest.

Your 2022 Value will not be updated on the website, until your Notice of Appraised Value has been mailed.

 

 

                                More Frequently Asked Questions

 

 

Appraisal Review Board Hearings